Opened: Wednesday, 23 March 2022, 12:00 AM
Due: Thursday, 24 March 2022, 11:55 PM
First get familiar running the example provided on the Teach cluster:
- Log into the teach cluster: ssh USERNAME@teach.scinet.utoronto.ca
- Change directory to your scratch folder: cd $SCRATCH
- Copy the material needed for this course: cp -r /scinet/course/introhpc $SCRATCH
- Change to the newly created directory: cd $SCRATCH/introhpc
- Submit the job sweep_bondbreak.sh: sbatch sweep_bondbreak.sh
- Once completed, check the output in the file slurm-<JobID>.out: less slurm-*.out
- The script `sweep_bondbreak.sh` executes 96 repeats of the
computation of the bond breakage time, one by one. These could all run in parallel.
- How long did this script take?
- Create a modified version of sweep_bondbreak.sh,
sweep_bondbreak_parallel.sh, that uses GNU
Parallel to parallelize the computation using 16 cores on a single
compute node of the Teach cluster.
- Submit this new script to the scheduler. How long did the new script
- The script and its output should be submitted to this course website
by Thursday, March 24, 11:55 PM (EDT).